10 of the Best Craft Organizers to Keep Your Accessories Safe And Easily Within Reach
Do you feel the pressing urge to keep your craft projects and accessories well-organized? Perhaps it’s time to spare a few bucks and purchase a reliable craft organizer. If you look around, you’ll notice that there’s a wide range of models to pick from, depending on what kind of projects or craft supplies you want to store. And there’s no denying the fact that decluttering your space when working on craft projects can sometimes be a nerve-wracking experience, especially if you own an army of tools.
Also important is that there are chances you’ll need to protect your craft projects from dust or water damage. Craft organizers are designed to keep your accessories safe and easily within reach. Keeping your working area clean is also another worthwhile reason for purchasing one. In this guide, we’ll review out some of the best craft organizers in the market to help you make a painless purchasing decision. Read on to find more about the options worth considering.
Best Bulk Storage
What to Look for in a Craft Organizer
Design & Compartments
Depending on your preferences, it’s natural to like a particular design over the other. The number and size of compartments also both talk a lot about how well you’re able to sort your craft accessories and projects. Some craft organizers have a minimalist design, while others feature sophisticated compartments and will eat up so much space. It all depends on your tailored needs and craft accessories or projects you want to store. You also want to check out the architecture and number of compartments in a craft organizer before making up your mind on which to buy.
While some craft organizers are made of wood, others are entirely plastic. It’s best to purchase one that’s designed using sturdy material that doesn’t wear out easily. The type of material used on a craft organizer talks much about how much weight it can handle. Some organizers are quite unreliable to the extent that they’ll tip over when holding heavy craft objects. So, you want to consider what material an organizer is made of before making a purchase.
Pricing will, for the most part, depend on the kind of features a craft organizer has. If you’re looking for a basic model with intermediate specifications, then there won’t be much need to spend on a pricey one. Instead, all you want to focus on primarily is functionality. When it’s time for an upgrade, then perhaps you’ll need to consider spending a couple of bucks on a premium craft organizer.
The size of a craft organizer matters when looking for a suitable model. And that’s especially true if you’re strapped on space. You’ll find a type that doesn’t take up so much space, while others come in wider dimensions since they’re designed to store an assortment of craft accessories. What’s also worth considering is whether you need to organize your craft supplies and projects in a tiered pattern, to make retrieving them much easier.
If you’re looking to buy a craft that’s easy to move around in your home, then you want to consider one that has casters on it. I would prefer to go with one that has locking caster wheels for safety reasons. Enhancing mobility is a handy pointer to keep in mind when comparing different craft organizers, especially if you often change your working area.
10 Best Craft Organizers
1. Honey-Can-Do Rolling Storage Cart & Organizer
Quite often, you’ll have different tools and craft materials that you want to sort for easy reach. The 12 drawers on this model come in both large and small dimensions. You also get tools and instructions inside the package to help you with the entire assembling errand. The craft organizer has locking casters that enhance mobility on a smooth surface, and make it sturdier. Apart from its staggering storage space, the organizer has a wide top surface that could work as a perfect working area. What’s cracking about this model is the drawers are large enough to fit all sorts of craft materials.
- Material – Metal
- Dimensions – 15 x 25 x 32 inches
- Mobile drawers
- 29’ inches of work surface
- Locking wheels for stability and mobility
- 12 solidly built drawers
- Drawers are semi-transparent, making your craft supplies easily noticeable.
- The outer shell is made of metal to intensify the product’s durability.
- It has 4 large drawers that could fit bulky materials.
- Extra workspace for your craft projects.
- Comes with an assembling manual.
- The casters make this organizer easy to move around.
- Drawers are made of plastic and could easily crack when intense pressure is applied.
2. Homest Craft Organizer with Multiple Pockets – Best Budget
If you’re an avid crafter who’s often on the go, then this is the ideal model you should go for. And if your budget is a little strapped, the HOMEST craft organizer will not only save you a couple of bucks but also brings a solid touch of functionality to the table. The tote bag has both interior and exterior pockets large enough to fit all kinds of scrapbook accessories you might need for your craft ideas. If you travel a lot, then this model ought to be your companion since the design makes it much easier to carry around. Besides its handling efficiency, it’s rare not to notice the premium quality material on this craft organizer.
- Material – Sturdy cloth
- Multifunctional pockets
- Dimensions – 16.5 x 9 x 2.5 inches
- It’s more portable than most other craft organizers
- The tote bag is made of a hard-wearing material
- Elegant design that’s suitable for traveling and tidying up your accessories.
- Its interior is generously padded to keep your scrapbooks from getting damaged.
- Has 2 buttressed handles to make carrying much easier.
- The dividers inside the bag aren’t firm enough.
3. Akro-Mils Storage Hardware & Craft Cabinet – Best Craft Storage Drawers for Bulk Storage
Go for this organizer if you have tons of craft accessories to store. The Akro-Mils drawer is a faultless model that suits crafters looking to label, store and sort their accessories using a tiered pattern. You have a multifunctional storage option that makes both craft tools and projects quite easy to identify. At the back of the cabinet frame, the dividers are tactfully molded to support the drawers and keep your craft items from spilling. There are 4-large and 8-small dividers to enhance grip when pulling the drawers. You also get a surface mount on this craft cabinet drawer that could be a roomy working area.
- Item Dimensions – 19.99 x 15.99 x 6.99 inches
- Material – Plastic
- Design – Cabinet
- Stackable and has finger grip
- Dividers support the drawers firmly
- Huge storage capacity for sizeable craft projects and accessories.
- Flexible see-through drawers that are easy to pull.
- Its rugged texture gives the storage cabinet more longevity.
- The cabinet stacks come with keyholes that make them easy to mount on the wall.
- Your craft accessories would spill over easily after knocking the cabinet hard since the drawers aren’t lockable.
4. Acrylic Paint Organizer & Paint Brush Holder – Best for Painting Supplies
It’s more convenient to store all your paintbrushes in one spot. Besides the acrylic brush holder, this organizer comes with a paint holder, and brush support beads. If you have a large chunk of painting supplies scattered all over, this model could help put everything in order. You want to for this paint rack organizer if you’re a little conscious about saving up on space. The model has a staircase design that fits 2oz paint bottles. Apart from acrylic paint bottles, you can also store miniature and oil paint tubes. Most of all, you just need minimal effort when assembling this paint organizer, compared to most of the models in the same category.
- Product Dimensions – 12.75 x 8.15 x 7.25 inches
- Multifunctional organizer – comes with an acrylic paint holder, brush support beads, and brush holder.
- Includes rivet screws, and screwdriver for quick assembling.
- Crystal clear acrylic finish
- Most paint bottles (2oz paints, paint tubes, miniature paints) will fit without faults
- Easy to assemble
- Extra compartments for brush support
- Sleek design for maximum storage
- Helps save up on space
- Busier painters might need more storage for their collection
5. Opret Art Portfolio Bag – Best for Drawings
If you want to store artwork with dimensions measuring 19 x 25 inches or less, this portfolio bag is all you need. It also fits sketchbooks of different sizes. Backpacks can sometimes ruin art projects or make them look less organized. What makes this model a suitable organizer for drawings is it’s made of vinyl plastic. The high-quality material is waterproof, so it’s easy to protect your projects from getting damaged by dust or rain. The Opret portfolio bag has two sturdy straps with enough space to let you carry it on your shoulder. Go for this model if you’re looking for an inexpensive portfolio bag made of premium quality material.
- Material – waterproof vinyl material
- Double straps
- Large zipper opening
- Flexible design. Allows you to fold it up.
- Easy to use
- Lightweight. It’s only 5.15 ounces
- Keeps your drawings or sketches from wrinkles
- Carrying heavy drawing accessories might ruin the bag.
6. Novelinks Photo Case 4” x 6” & Storage Box – Best for Photos
Keeping your memories tucked together in a dust-free location feels like a breakthrough. If you want to store your photos safely, the Novelinks photo case would be an excellent option. It has enough room to fit 4’ x 6’photos. The photo organizer has 16 cases. Each case can hold up to 100 photos, so you have ample space to store about 1600 photos. What we adore about this model is how it locks tightly to keep your photos secure. Another feature worth mentioning is how portable the storage box is, compared to other models. If you have loose photo prints lying around, its strapping exterior will protect them from water damage. The cases also let you store photos in a tiered pattern.
- Sturdy exterior
- 16 inner cases that fit 4’ x 6’ photos
- Product dimensions – 14.8 x 12 x 5.1 inches
- Weight – 3.99 pounds
- Enough space to fit hundreds of photos
- Keeps your home or office tidy
- Not easy to break
- Well-structured organizing system for old photos
- Can’t fit large dimensional photos
7. Innovative Home Creations Colonial Shelf – Best for Yarn
You probably need some fancy, but reliable storage space if you knit on the regular. Organizing your yarn and crafts would be less cumbersome. This model from Innovative Home Creations keeps all your craft and sewing accessories compactly together and pretty much within reach. The organizer can hang on a closet rod that’s medium-sized. To keep it from sagging, the yarn organizer has buttressed shelf support. You also get a couple of side pockets that could be useful anytime you need some extra storage space. It has 6 cubes, and each is huge enough to fit a few unused yarns. Or, you could choose to throw in some regular or hand towels.
- Item Dimensions – 1.5 x 11.5 x 12 inches
- Velcro top fastener
- Large side pockets
- Easy to display a variety of yarn
- Reinforced edges
- Can’t hold heavyweight accessories
8. IRIS Scrapbook Cart with Organizer – Best for Paper Crafts
Decluttering your work area can sometimes be a painstaking errand. If you have papercraft scattered all over and feel a little overwhelmed when trying to keep things in order, well, this organizer is notably designed to cure such or other related obstacles. And since it’s a cart model, the mobility is outrightly unmatched compared to other organizers. The wheels are also removable, so you can replace them in case they get ruined or do away with them if you want the organizer to be stationary. This is a 6-case cart, and each compartment has wide dimensions that fit 12 x 12 inches of scrapbook projects and supplies.
- Item dimensions – 14.25 x 15.88 x 26.44 inches
- Fits 12 x 12 scrapbook papers
- Cases and wheels are removable
- Rounded corners to protect your papercrafts from damage
- Has wheels for easy mobility
- Cases have enough space to accommodate large scrapbook papers
- See-though cases make your projects easy to identify and reach out
- Removable cases for the on-the-go craft ideas
- Not a suitable model if you’re limited on space
9. Humble Crew Extra-Large Toy Organizer – Best for Kids’ Toys
When your kids’ toys continue to pile up, the play area begins to look messy. All you need to keep such from happening is to invest in a large toy organizer. Under the kids’ toys category, what we have here is a roomy organizer that’s made of plastic, but reinforced with wood and metal. The organizer has 16 sturdy storage bins with enough space to fit all kinds of toys. For extra safety, the organizer is fitted with braces and features that protect it from tipping over. Therefore, the Humble Crew toy organizer would be perfect for toddlers. Apart from toys, this model can store kids’ books or craft accessories.
- 16 storage bins
- Product dimensions – 42 x 11 x 31 inches
- Storage bins are removable
- Material – Plastic
- Reinforcing braces & anti-tip features
- Quite affordable
- Storage bins offer enough space for large toys
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to organize and reach out for toys
- Can’t be mounted on the wall
10. Marbrasse Wooden Pen Organizer – Best for Markers
What makes this desktop organizer perfect for drawers who want an assorted kind of storage. The only catch is you’ll need to assemble this model yourself. But on the bright side, it’s a sturdy organizer with enough space to keep your markers safe. What’s more engrossing about the Marbasse pen organizer is you’re able to sort and reach your craft accessories with lots of ease. Below the shelves, there’s a large drawer with room to store drawings and other projects that need to be kept away from dust or water damage. The organizer is made of sturdy wood material, so there’s a good chance this model could last for years, even with intense movements.
- Material – Wood & rubber
- Design – Desktop
- Dimensions – 8.2 x 5.9 x 10 inches
- Item Weight – 1.9 pounds
- Trendy desktop design
- Lots of room for craft accessories
- Stunning natural finish
- Eco-friendly material
- Assembling this model can be cumbersome
Final Thoughts on the Best Craft Organizers
So, you’ve probably made up your mind on the exact model to purchase. What matters most when hunting for one is how organized and safe your supplies and projects will be. We took time to test and review some of the leading craft organizers in the market, so you don’t end up buying a subprime model. If you have a clue of some other reliable craft organizers, please don’t miss letting us know right in the comment section below. We’ll be quick to update this guide.
The post 10 of the Best Craft Organizers to Keep Your Accessories Safe And Easily Within Reach appeared first on DIYs.com.