9 Clutter Free Home Organization Hacks
Do you dream of having a clean, clutter-free home but feel like it’s an impossible achievement? Fear not because I’ve prepared nine game-changing organization hacks to turn your cluttered chaos into a serene sanctuary!
So, say goodbye to the days of searching for lost items and feeling overwhelmed by clutter, and say hello to a more organized and simplified life with my favorite organization hacks.
This post contains affiliate links.
System Makes the Difference
If you want a clutter-free home that you can maintain clutter-free, then you need to have a system in place. Having a system sounds more complicated than it actually is. All you need to do is set up some basic rules which you and your family would follow. You can start with easy things like doing tasks that take less than a minute immediately or having designated chores for everyone in your household for the week or month.
If you don’t have a system, you risk constantly feeling overwhelmed by everything you have to do and the never-ending mess in your home. Start small – with 1-2 things and increase these weekly or monthly, depending on how quickly your family adapts to the new rules.
Reduce Mental Clutter Through Decluttering
If you want to declutter your mind once and for all, you need to start from the physical clutter! Start by decluttering your home, room by room. Get rid of all items you no longer use or need, including:
- Junk drawer
Decluttering your home will free up physical space and make it easier for you to find everything you need. In fact, decluttering will also help you free up your mental clutter. The benefits will be more time and energy for:
- Your family
- Your friends and other meaningful relationships
Isn’t that what we all want?
Focus on Hotspot Problem Areas
Ugh. That terrible never-ending mess! Yeah, we all have this problematic area at home. That dreadful space that always feels like no matter how much time you spend organizing it, it’s never completely done! Whether it’s the entryway, the kitchen counter, around the bathroom sinks, or that chair with an enormous pile of clothes, I know your mind went there immediately when you read the title of this paragraph. These hotspot problem areas are the first to tackle.
First, identify these areas in your home and focus on finding simple solutions to keep them clutter-free. Think about, if you can:
- Add shelves or racks and create additional storage spaces
- Hang hooks for towels, bags, or other accessories
- Use baskets or storage containers to corral small items (a towel, a few toiletries, and other essentials)
- Use a DIY drawer organizer to keep utensils, cords, or toiletries in order
- Install cabinet door organizers in your kitchen (or closets( to store spices, jars, or cleaning supplies
- Hang a caddy in the shower to store toiletries
- Use peg boards in the garage to organize tools or accessories
If you’re falling short of ideas about how to organize particular spaces around your home, check out my posts with 25 laundry room organization ideas or 50 Lego storage and organization ideas! You’ll be surprised how many clever ideas you can effortlessly implement in your home, too!
Organization Hacks: Create a Place for Everything
Creating a place for everything in your home is another essential aspect of the organization. Having a designated spot for every item makes it less likely to misplace things or create clutter. And the satisfaction of finding everything (and saving tons of time) is enormous!
Here is also where the DIY storage solutions come in handy. Think about:
There are options available on the market that will help you neatly store everything, from cooking utensils and dishes to toys and spices.
Group All Important Areas
Grouping all important areas is another effective way to keep your home organized. Grouping items together not only makes them easier to find but also frees up extra space in your:
- Cupboards, and
Here are some ideas for grouping important areas:
- Group all kitchen utensils and cooking tools near the stove or oven.
- Group all pantry items together by category, like grains, snacks, or baking supplies.
- Group all toiletries together in the bathroom.
- Group all cleaning supplies together in one location.
- Group all toys together in one area.
By grouping all important areas, you can keep them organized and have your counters decluttered at all times. So, let’s dive into the list of home organization hacks I’ve made for you!
Hack #1: Organize Your Coffee Area – You Need the Fuel!
As a coffee lover myself (how could you be a mom and not love coffee??), I know the coffee area can easily become cluttered with mugs, coffee filters, coffee makers, and other accessories.
To keep it organized, you can:
- Use hooks
- Make a DIY rack to hang your mugs
- Store your coffee makers and accessories on shelves, or
- In storage bins
Keeping your counters clutter-free will help you feel better instantly just by looking at them!
Hack #2: Remember Your Keys!
Do you find yourself constantly searching for your keys? Install a few hooks by your front door to keep your keys in the same spot day after day. Or get a wall-mounted key storage box, just like the one in the photo! A key box will keep your space clutter-free and save you tons of wasted time and frustration.
Hack #3: Stackable Storage
- Pants and jeans
- Belts, and
This will help maximize your closet space and keep your wardrobe organized. They work wonders in a linen closet.
Hack #4: Tackling the Junk Drawer
We all have that dreadful junk drawer in our homes – the one where you throw everything you don’t:
- Know what to do with
- Feel like dealing with it at the moment
Tackling the junk drawer can be daunting, but it is essential in creating a clutter-free home. Junk drawers are notorious for collecting small items such as cords, recipes, and accessories that can effortlessly become disorganized and overwhelming.
To tackle the junk drawer:
- Start by emptying it completely and sorting through the items.
- Decide which items you want to keep and which you can discard or donate.
- Then, use drawer organizers or small storage containers to keep the remaining items in their designated spots.
By organizing your junk drawer, you can create more space and reduce clutter in your home and in your mind.
Hack #5: Closets for Events
Create a designated closet space for special events like parties or holidays. Utilize shelves and hanging space to store decorations, linens, and serving ware. This will keep everything in one place and make entertaining a breeze.
Hack #6: Drawers
I love drawers because they’re great for keeping small items organized! I also hate drawers because they can become a mess so quickly! And then – I found drawer organizers!
You can use them to separate socks, underwear, jewelry, and other small things you’d usually store in a drawer. I know it sounds simple, but I truly believe it made a big difference in our daily routine at home. So it might be right for you, too!
Organization Hacks: Organization Within the Kitchen
As the heart of the house, the kitchen is a room where everyone from your family spends quite some time. And their stay usually involves eating. This also means it’s an area in your house that can quickly and easily become cluttered, messy, and disorganized. But I got you covered! I’ve prepared a few kitchen organization hacks for you, too!
Here are some of my favorite ideas to help in your kitchen organizing:
Hang Up Pots and Pans
Use Drawer Dividers
Keep the Countertop Clear
Resist the urge to clutter your countertop with appliances and other items. Instead, keep only the essentials on the counters and store everything else in cabinets or drawers.
Create a Pantry System
Keeping a well-stocked pantry is essential for busy moms. Consider organizing your pantry with baskets or containers labeled for specific items like snacks, baking supplies, and canned goods.
I have a bunch of ideas for organizing your pantry, especially if you have kids in school, in this post.
Organization Hacks: Organization Within the Pantry
Speaking of pantries, it’s essential to keep this area organized too. It can quickly become cluttered with spices, pantry items, and groceries. Here are some organization hacks to help you keep your pantry organized:
- Label everything: Labels can make a huge difference in organizing your pantry. Invest in a label maker or use sticky notes to label items in baskets and containers.
- Use storage containers or baskets to store snacks and other small items.
- Install a shelf riser to create extra space for items like canned goods and jars.
- Use drawer organizers to organize spices and other small items.
- Install an over-the-door organizer to store paper towels, toiletries, and other pantry essentials.
Organization Hacks: Organization Within the Bedrooms
Bedrooms can quickly become cluttered with clothes, shoes, and accessories. Here are some organization hacks to help you keep your bedrooms organized:
- Use a closet organizer to maximize closet space and create a designated spot for clothing and accessories.
- Install hooks or an extra rack to hang belts, scarves, and other accessories.
- Use storage bins or baskets to store extra blankets and linens.
- Install an additional shelf or use a shelf riser to create extra space for shoes and other items.
Organization Hacks: Organization Within the Garage
The garage is often the catch-all for everything from sports equipment to tools to holiday decorations. Here are some hacks to help you organize this space:
Use the Wall Space
Install shelves, pegboards, and hooks on the walls to maximize your vertical storage space and keep items off the floor.
Use Clear Storage Containers
Clear storage containers can make it easy to see what’s inside and when it’s time to restock.
Group Items by Category
Store sports equipment together, tools together, and holiday decorations together to make it easy to find what you need when you need it.
The garage is a commonplace to accumulate clutter. Make it a habit to purge your belongings frequently so you’re not holding onto items you no longer need.
Organization Hacks: Organization Within the Office Space
Finally, keeping your office space organized is essential for productivity and focus. Use drawer dividers to separate office supplies and keep everything within reach. If you have a lot of paperwork, consider investing in a filing cabinet or binder to keep everything organized and easily accessible.
Implementing these organization hacks can greatly improve your daily life and reduce stress and overwhelm. With a little bit of effort and consistency, you can create a clutter-free and organized home that allows you to focus on the things that truly matter.
As a mom who has implemented these hacks in my life, I can attest to their positive impact on my overall well-being and happiness. So go ahead and try these hacks, and let me know how they have worked for you in the comments. I can’t wait to hear what you’ve organized first!
Did you like these 9 life-changing organization hacks? Then, you’re going to love these posts, too:
- 8 Ways to Start Loving Your Home Even If It’s Not Perfect
- 25 Brilliant Ideas for Organizing Under the Kitchen Sink
- 50 Best Storage Ideas For Toys in the Living Room
- Hacks and Tips for Organizing Your Kitchen Drawers
- Pantry Organization Hacks for Back-to-School Snacks