Affordable Storage for Classroom Laptops
Can you store classroom laptops without having to buy expensive storage equipment? Yes, there are affordable storage racks for laptops that are durable and ergonomic. Teachers are using many office storage items to store and their classroom laptops. These items also double as charging stations or stands. The cheapest and most affordable ways to store classroom laptops are with wooden dish racks, triangular metal file organizers, wire mesh desk organizers. The ideas below are the cheapest ways to store laptops. Most of them are for under twenty-five dollars.
I love to find affordable classroom storage ideas. As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a commission for purchases using my links. Learn more. The low budget storage ideas are listed below starting with the cheapest storage solutions.
- Wooden Dish Racks: This bamboo storage rack is originally for storing baking trays and dishes. However, teachers know how to improvise, and they are using it in the classroom for storing classroom laptops. At the time of writing this post, one set of these only cost $6.99 and the multiple sets are discounted.
- Triangular Metal File Organizers: A triangular organizer is very low profile and ergonomic. It would give a minimalist look to your laptop storage area. To prevent the charging cords from tangling, just zip-tie each cord to one of the top rungs of the organizer. This will keep them permanently separated and sorted for charging. This stand comes in a pack of two, that's enough storage for fourteen laptops. There's also a similar single stand with ten slots and it's a stand-alone item. Both sizes are also available in gold tones if you prefer.
- Wire mesh laptop organizer: This mesh organizer can be hung on a wall or stand on a countertop. One of these stands can hold five laptops. If you want to mount on a wall, bend each slot upwards to prevent the laptops from sliding off.
- Metal horizontal paper sorter stand: The shelves on this metal stand are almost horizontal, they tilt upwards a bit. This is a good thing for keeping the laptops from falling out. It comes in black and silver.
- A wall hanging metal organizer: The best feature about this hangable laptop organizer is that it has open sides for the charger cords to be plugged into the laptops from either side. It can be placed along the back of a countertop where it can be fastened to the wall.
All of these laptop stands are made of metal or wood. Corrugated wood and cardboard are to flimsy for storing laptops. So, you can see that it is possible to get durable and affordable storage sorters for classroom laptops. One tip to apply to each of these storage stands is to apply hot glue along the inside base and along the edges of the slots to prevent the laptops from getting scratched and to give them a softer base to stand on. More ideas will be added soon.